Wednesday, May 16, 2012

"Where good ideas come from"

This video made me think about what I've been doing with all these connections that the internet has provided for me. We've developed a world of always being distracted and always multi-tasking, but that doesn't mean that we're multi-tasking in a healthy way. When I multi-task, that means I'll be on Facebook, typing out a tweet, and watching TV all at the same time. This isn't really the way I want to be spending my time though. It's just what I've become accustomed to.
I have found that in the past year I have become so used to tweeting random thoughts, that my regular thoughts are now disorganized. It's true that the internet allows me to share my thoughts with others and start a discussion about something. That seems to be one of the good uses I have discovered from the internet. However, these ideas and discussions quickly fade out because of how easy it is to get distracted when one is online. 
Overall, I think that the internet can be used as a good thing. It allows me to share my thoughts and strike up new ideas with others. However, the way I'm currently using it doesn't allow me to fully take advantage of all the benefits that come with the connections it provides.

1 comment: