Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Music Licensing

Music licensing and fees are all around us whether we realize it or not. Every time a song is played, fees are being paid just so you can hear that song. It seems ridiculous, but that's how these artists make their money. Even though I personally do not have to pay fees to listen to the radio, the radio station itself needs to. If I want to use music at a party, I have to pay fees. It's kind of ridiculous to have all these fees just to listen to music, but there are different companies that are out there to help simplify the process for you.
If these fees weren't paid for these licensed songs, I would be majorly affected in that I couldn't listen to any of my favorite songs. Although not everyone agrees about how much money these artists really should get when a song is paid, we can agree that they deserve recognition for the song. This recognition, though, is given in the form of licensing fees.


No comments:

Post a Comment