Tuesday, May 22, 2012

"Inside the Mind of Google"

I was surprised at how low key the actual Google headquarters is. It's very laid back and open-minded, and I think that's one of the things that has made it so successful. It seems more like a vacation resort than an actually company. The lay out is simple. The creativity though is outrageous, and I think that as long as those aspects of the company are kept that Google will continue to be successful.
I also had no idea how much more there was to Google than just the search engine I see on my homepage. This video really opened up my mind to how big of a company Google is and how rapidly it is growing. Of course there are things like the privacy issue that can scare the average user, but I'm not sure if I really want one company controlling all of my internet usage.
Google is expanding by competing not just against one company like Yahoo! but by taking on multiple companies that provide a variety of services. This video made me question if Google is soon going to be too big for its own good. I don't deny that I enjoy using it, but what's the future for this company? How is the future of Google going to affect me?

No comments:

Post a Comment